Winter in the Middle East is not as we know it in the UK, the days are bright with lovely warm sunshine, a lovely breeze blowing.
I woke up on this cool bright morning having the urge to bake something with chocolate, and could not think of anything better then baking chocolate chip brownies to share with friends later on in the evening. Having never baked brownies before, I turned to the one chef whose recipes do not let me down. Marry Berry, her books are a personal favourite of mine especially the Marry Berry 100 Sweet Treats and Puds.
This tiny book is the best money I’ve ever spend. It has everything from brownies, cupcakes to cheese cakes.
You will be seeing a lot of this book in the blog moving forward.
I’ve just taken the tin out of the oven and i have to admit that they smell divine!!
This recipe is really simple and quick to make,even for someone making these for the first time.
Makes 24 squares.
Tin needed: a 30cm*23cm (12inch * 9 Inch) traybake or roasting tin.
275grams ( 10oz) soften butter
375grams(13oz) caster sugar
4 large eggs
75grams(3oz) cocoa powder
100grams (4oz) self- raising flour
100grams (4oz) plain chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas4. butter the tin on the bottom and the sides, then line with non stick baking parchment.
- Measure all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, and mix well. Spread the mixture into the prepared tin. Ensure that the mixture is spread well into the corners of the tin and use a spatula to level out the mixture through the tin.
- Put to bake in the oven for 40- 45mins or until the brownies have a crusty top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Incase the top browns quickly you can loosely cover the top with a foil to prevent it from burning, this ensures that the middle cooks well.
- Once baked let the brownies cool in the tin for about 10 mins, then turn out on a cooling rack.
- when completely cooled slice into squares and enjoy.
Please let us know how you got on with this recipe and if you did anything differently.
Happy Baking xx